I represent the City of Salmon Arm on these boards and committees for 2022.
- Active Transportation Task Force (Co-Chair)
- Agriculture Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Housing Task Force (Co-Chair)
- Member of Ag Advisory to SA Food Hub (Zest)
- Council Rep for FireSmart initiatives
- Sterile Insect Release Director (CSRD)
- Columbia Shuswap Regional District Director
- Deputy Mayor – (July 1/21 – Sep 30/21) (Oct 1/22 – Dec/22)
- Shuswap Emergency Program
- Development & Planning Committee
- Transportation & Water/Sewer Tax Courts of Revision
A commitment to ongoing leadership: In 2021, I completed the Level 2 Certification in Local Government Leadership after completing Level 1 in 2017. These LGLA Leadership Certifications involve workshops, conferences and seminars on governance, financial reporting and legal responsibilities as well as understanding the many key issues facing local governments in B.C. A level can be achieved only once each 4 year term.
These learning opportunities plus the many external relationships with other local governments I’ve developed through SILGA, UBCM, the CSRD and the ORL have been incredibly valuable in being a more effective councillor. If re-elected, I’ll complete the highest certification available – Level 3 – in the upcoming term. Continuous Learning is always an ongoing part of leadership.