I currently represent the City of Salmon Arm on these boards and committees
- Active Transportation Task Force (Co-Chair)
- Agriculture Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Housing Task Force (Co-Chair)
- Member of Ag Advisory to SA Food Hub (Zest)
- Council Rep for FireSmart initiatives
- Sterile Insect Release Director (CSRD)
- Columbia Shuswap Regional District Director
- Deputy Mayor – (July 1/21 – Sep 30/21) (Oct 1/22 – Dec/22)
- Shuswap Emergency Program
In 2017, I completed the Level 1 Certification in Local Government Leadership. This LGLA Certification involved three years of workshops and conferences on governance, financial reporting and legal responsibilities as well as seminars on the many key issues facing local governments in B.C.
These learning opportunities plus the external relationships with other local governments developed through SILGA, UBCM, the CSRD and the ORL have been incredibly valuable in being a more effective councillor.