I currently represent the City of Salmon Arm on these boards and committees
- City Greenways Liaison Committee (Chair)
- City Agriculture Advisory Committee (Chair)
- City Housing Task Force (Co-Chair)
- Voting Director – Board of Okanagan Regional Library The ORL board is composed of 24 municipalities, regional districts and First Nations – Chair of ORL Policy Committee.
- Columbia Shuswap Regional District (Alternate Director)
- Deputy Mayor – (Oct 1/19 – Dec 31/19) (Jan 1/22 – June 30/22)
- Southern Interior Local Government Association (SILGA) Board Director-at-Large (2nd term) – SILGA represents the 37 cities, towns, villages, districts and regional districts in South Central British Columbia
- Shuswap Emergency Program rep
In 2017, I completed the Level 1 Certification in Local Government Leadership. This LGLA Certification involved three years of workshops and conferences on governance, financial reporting and legal responsibilities as well as seminars on the many key issues facing local governments in B.C.
These learning opportunities plus the external relationships with other local governments developed through SILGA, UBCM, the CSRD and the ORL have been incredibly valuable in being a more effective councillor.